After writing a research paper, it is essential to know that there is one crucial thing remaining, and that is editing. Editing research papers happens to be one of the most important parts of writing a research paper, and intentionally skipping the editing stage may be catastrophic. Therefore, once you have completed a draft of your research paper, you would need to review your draft (See best advice for writing a research paper).
It is also challenging to assess the accuracy of your paper during writing. This is because you spend a lot of time working on coming up with tour text. This is why Editing is a vital step in the creation of an effective piece of writing.
A lot of people believe that Editing is only needed to check spelling mistakes and grammar. However, Editing is way more than that because, if the structure and flow of the paper are not right, checking the spelling and making sure the grammar usage is accurate will not help.
Having a research paper that is well presented and demonstrate a good use of the English language helps the chances of such paper getting accepted by reputable journals. However, achieving this level of perfection can prove to be rather challenging, especially for authors who are not native English speakers. Therefore, to achieve a successful research paper, you would require a high-level of Editing as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the research subject area.
As Editing is advisable, so also is hiring a professional editor, this is because even if you can identify spelling and grammatical errors, a professional editor can help you improve on your work. A professional editor is responsible for correcting mistakes and inconsistencies in your spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Also, they are responsible for improving the overall structure and logical flow of your paper as well as correcting inconsistencies with citations and referencing.
The work of a professional editor is above and beyond as they will help flag parts of the research paper that requires additional research or a rewrite. Additionally, they make sure your research paper communicates to the intended reader as smoothly as possible. Also, they help to determine what information is missing or wrong.
However, an editor is only expected to make suggestions on how to make your research paper better as if an editor helps to rewrite your paper, and you submit it with your name on it. It is tantamount to plagiarism. The structure and content of your research paper is your responsibility, and the editor is only expected to make suggestions on how to improve on your work and help make sure you used the proper English to express your ideas.
Additionally, when it comes to writing a research paper, it is not just enough to have an idea worth writing about. It is also important to present your paper in the right tone to be able to convince your readers of your arguments. The main goal of writing a research paper is to get it published as quickly as possible. However, issues with grammar, language, and formatting are likely to slow down the process as journals may even reject your papers without peer review.
Plus, when writing a research paper for publication, it is crucial to follow not only the standards and convention of your field but also that of your target journal. Therefore, to hasten the pace of publication, you would require the services of a professional editor. However, it is also important to hire a professional editor that not only has a good command of the English language but also an understanding of these standards.
Fortunately, Scientific Editing has a team of professional academic editors that can help you express your ideas and respect the rules of academic writing in your field. Also, since our academic editors are experienced in various academic journals, therefore, they can help ensure that your research paper adheres to their guidelines. Thus, allowing you to submit your research paper with confidence.
Scientific Editing Checklist While Editing Research Papers
Our editors check if:
The content and format of the research paper actually fit and go in line with the research topic.
There is adequate background provided on the topic.
The sentences are written clearly and understandably.
The sources cited in the paper are paraphrased more than they are quoted directly
The citation and referencing format are consistent
The sources used to support the ideas in the paper are actually reliable
The paper has been written in a professional and straightforward tone.
There exist redundant sentences or information in the research paper.
There exist an adequate organization of the sections of the research paper.
The enumeration of tables is consistent and also adhere to the rules of the preferred journal.
The entire structure and writing style of the research paper fits well with that of the target journal.
Steps To Editing Research Papers
First and foremost, the editor gives a comprehensive editing for academic style, consistency, sentence structure, these changes are done using track change function so the author can see exactly what has been improved upon. At this stage, our editors make sure the research paper is
- Concise, does not contain repetition or unnecessarily lengthy arguments
- Focused in the way it tells the report of the research with the exclusion of unnecessary figures and fact.
- Concrete and lacks ambiguous arguments and statements that give room for misunderstanding when reading.
- Having a title that is not just clear but also catchy.
- Having objectives that are relevant to the topic and the readers.
- Simple without the inclusion of complex words that can hinder understanding among readers.
- Showing what you are adding to the body of knowledge in that field as well as the study you are trying to improve upon.
- Written in the correct tenses and voices.
- Self-critical as well as not containing tables and figures that are unnecessary and unclear.
- Written with all the important components present and in the right order
- Telling a story in a logical and clear manner
- Presenting concepts and ideas clearly.
- Professional proofreading
Secondly, our editors proofread the documents to fix all the language errors. At this stage our editors focus on the following:
- Identifying and correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax errors.
- Correcting word usage.
- Improvement of phrases, as well as the clarity of expression
- Consistency in the variant of English as well as writing style
- Correct citation and referencing format.
- Uniform citation and referencing style.
- Writing advice
Lastly, in addition to editing and proofreading your research paper, our editor will send and overview of the errors that appear to frequent your paper the most accompanied by a personal note. This is done to help authors recognize their mistakes, learn from then, and thereby improve their writing style when writing another paper.
Why Use Our service for Editing Research Papers?
As the main aim of writing a research paper is to get it published, then it is compulsory the attain a certain level of perfection to see it scales through the acceptance processes of journals. This is why it is important to hire a professional editor to help attain that level of perfection that will give your research paper an edge over others. Therefore, here are some of the cogent reasons why you should hire Scientific Editing for editing research papers:
- Qualified editors: Scientific Editing hire only editors that have the highest level of qualification required by editors. In addition, our editors are experienced researchers in various fields of study, which enable us to have the right editor to handle research papers in various fields of study. Thereby making us uniquely suited for editing research papers.
- Certification: our editors are not only qualified editors, but they also possess certifications from various bodies, especially Editors of Life Science. Additionally, our senior editors have been able to achieve the diplomate status, which shows their perfect editorial proficiency.
- Journal experience: the majority of the editors at Scientific Editing have experience dealing with quite a number of reputable journals. For this reason, our editors, therefore, possess the knowledge to improve your research paper to increase your journal acceptance chances. Plus, they help you conform to your research papers to the standards and requirements of your target journal.
- Language use: all our editors here at Scientific Editing are native English speakers. They also possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the rules of the English language. This affords them the ability to be effective when fishing out and correcting punctuation, spellings, syntax, and typing errors. It also allows them to reword a sentence for it to sound better and more understandable as well as remove ambiguity in the sentences of your research paper.
- Fact-checkers: our editors are not just excellent when it comes to editing your research paper, but they are also impeccable fact-checkers. Before submission, it is important to fact check all the facts and sources you included in your research paper to be sure you have not cited an unreliable source or included a false source. When you hire Scientific Editing to edit your research paper, this will be one of the services we will be offering.
- Publication journey: getting your research paper from the manuscript to publication is plagued with stress and unforeseen issues. However, Scientific Editing editors have the knowledge and experience to handle the problems as they arise. Hence, we are offering the assurance that your paper will move from manuscript to publication hitch-free.
- Success rate: when it comes to achieving research paper perfection, Scientific Editing success rate is unrivaled. Plus, we make it a point of duty to reward your hard work with success.
- Time conscious: we are well aware of the tight schedule researchers have when it comes to the submission of their research papers. Therefore, we operate with flexible return dates, accommodating long and short turnaround demands. Additionally, using our research editing service will save you the time of having to edit your paper and, at the same time providing accurate Editing in the shortest time possible.
- Concise and genuine: one of the requirements to ensure that a research paper gets published in a reputable journal is that it has to be concise as well as contains new ideas. This is why our editors take it upon themselves to ensure the conciseness of your research paper as well as confirm that your research paper has elements of ingenuity. Also, our editors ensure that your ideas are presented in the most comprehensible way possible.
- Structure check: because various fields of study, as well as different journals, have diverse ways of how they want their papers to be structured, it is vital to ensure that your research paper is structured according to their guideline. As such, our editors, because of their unique set of skills and experience, are uniquely qualified to help structure your paper to suit.
- Objectivity: having spent time on your research paper, it might be difficult to remove some part of your work as you might not want the time used to go to waste. However, as our editors would not be associating emotions with your research paper, it makes them provide objectivity as to the changes required to improve your paper.
- Improved writing skill: with every change and correction comes a detailed reason, thereby, as researchers tend to see more errors and how they are corrected, their writing skills improves. Therefore, getting your research paper edited by Scientific Editing offers you the luxury of becoming a better writer.
Scientific Editing aims to help researchers improve their research papers, thereby increases their chances of getting a publication. We also help researchers improve the clarity and brevity of their arguments to enable their target audience to understand their message and ideas.
Researchers write research papers in a bit to pass their ideas to their audience, and we aid in ensuring it has the desired impact.
|Editing research papers||up to 2,500 words||1 day|
|Editing research papers||up to 5,000 words||2 days|
|Editing research papers||up to 7,500 words||3 days|
|Editing research papers||up to 10,00 words||4 days|
|Editing research papers||up to 15,000 words||5 days|
|Editing research papers||up to 20,00 words||7 days|
|Editing research papers||up to 30,00 words||10 days|
Do you have any questions?
This form is for you!