The conference showcased current professional practice and research and highlighted emerging trends in editing and publishing across platforms as well as across the range of professional roles and modes in which editors contribute to the publishing process.
As well as the formal and professional
development aspects of the conference, there were many opportunities
to socialize and network. The IPED conference addressed the following topics:
- Editing for accessibility
- Best practice/innovative practices in editing and publishing
- Research relevant to editing and publishing
- Editing within and across genres
- Academic editing
- Editing in education
- Managing and marketing your small business for success
- Editing across platforms - print, electronic, online, audiovisual and other formats
- Fads, trends and emerging directions in editing and publishing
- Trends in information and communications technologies
- Ethics in editing
- Translation, reversioning and ghost writing: ethical and practical considerations for editors
- Professional practice and professional development
- Wellbeing and occupational health and safety for editors
- Editors as readers: for the love of words.
Our colleagues at Scientific Editing actively participated in the conference and focused on very specific subjects such as "The golden rules of IMRaD", "The art of writing a comprehensive abstract", and "Who owns the paper".
The conference delivered thought-provoking and interactive sessions on a wide range of topics as mentioned above. The participants outlined some answers to
the key question of how authors can find the best editing service according to their topic.
About Scientific Editing: (www.Scientific-editing.info): Scientific Editing is a trusted science editing company that provides editing and proofreading services for the global research community. Scientific Editing was established with a goal to accelerate international scientific research communication. At Scientific Editing, we take great effort to understand our authors' needs. We aim to help scientists and academic authors break through the language barriers, bridge the gap between authors and peer-reviewed journals, and accelerate the process of publishing high-quality articles.