Scientific Article Proofreading
MAKE YOUR WRITING SHINE WITH PROFESSIONAL SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE PROOFREADING
Scientific articles are articles based on empirical evidence that can discuss current trends in a field of study, describe and expatiate on existing research, or can support hypotheses of using original research. Proofreading articles is an essential step to ensure articles are not riddled with errors.
Proofreading is considered by most writers as the last line of defense to ensure quality control before any write up is published. Also, proofreading articles is usually completed after editing has been completed; it is done to check minor typographical errors, consistency, and accuracy in grammar, punctuation, formatting, and spelling.
Proofreading is the last step taken before a scientific article is submitted to a reputable journal for publishing. Most publishers would not accept even the most groundbreaking ideas if it filled with errors of different forms. This is because an article riddled with errors is not just termed inadequate, but deficient. Still, it will not be able to successfully communicate the ideas or messages intended by the author of the article. Here at Scientific Editing, our editors, after the editing stage of the manuscript, move to the proofreading stage of the scientific article to achieve perfection.
At Scientific Editing, we understand that for your scientific article to achieve the required level of professionalism; it needs a degree of proofreading that is unrivaled. This why Scientific Editing was established: to provide proofreading services that are unmatched to different scientific article authors in various scientific fields.
If you are in a situation where you have a groundbreaking idea, or you have written a scientific article, and you require it to be proofread to root out errors, then Scientific Editing is your best option.
MAKE YOUR POINT CRYSTAL CLEAR WITH SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE PROOFREADING
Steps in “Scientific Article Proofreading”
- Checklist: First, our proofreaders create a list of the crucial things to check for in the scientific article like agreement of nouns, verbs, pronouns, antecedents, numbers, and bullet styles.
- Fact check: The second stage of the proofreading process is the double-checking of facts, names, and figures used in the article. If the proofreader thinks there should be additional information or missing information, it is, however, highlighted, so it is not forgotten.
- Spell check: One of the essential processes of proofreading articles is to check all the spelling in the article for errors. Next is a check for conformity within the chosen variation of the English Language. We check to ensure all parentheses and quotation marks are closed.
- Consistency check: To check if there is consistency in the use of abbreviations or citation format by the writer.
- Read out loud: During proofreading, reading scientific articles out loud increases the chances of detecting errors, especially with repetition or omission of words.
- First-word check: Our proofreaders circle the first word of every paragraph. This is done to check through the article and ensure no two paragraphs starts with the same word.
- One line at a time: When proofreading articles, our proofreaders focus on one line at a time. This method allows for complete focus. It, therefore, reduces the chances of reading too fast, thereby missing subtle errors.
- Format: The art of proofreading is not only centered on the words in the articles. It also involves checking if the format in which the article is written is uniform. Our proofreader checks the column alignment, fonts, page numbering, header, headings, footnotes, caption, etc.
- Proofread again: After the first proofreading has been done and the errors have been corrected, we proofread the article again with the same level of thoroughness to ensure no error has been left uncorrected.
Comments for Proofreading Scientific Articles
IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE FOR GETTING YOUR ARTICLE ACCEPTED WITH SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE PROOFREADING
Our Services for Scientific Article Proofreading Checks and Fixes:
Italic and Bold Fonts
British Versus American English
Why You Need Scientific Editing Proofreading
- Smooth communication: When writing a scientific article, the writer is trying to communicate his argument or ideas to the readers. However, having errors in the article distract the readers from the message you are trying to pass across.
The more the errors contained in a scientific article, the more the write-up gets disorienting for the reader, which can lead to misunderstanding of the message the author is trying to pass along. For this reason, you should employ the services of Scientific Editing proofreaders to ensure that the article is error-free. This will allow readers to read through the article smoothly and will enable them to be able to get and digest the message in the article.
- Second opinion: Yes, it advisable to do the proofreading yourself first. However, it is also recommended to get a professional do it after you have done it so they can catch the errors that did not jump out at you because of what we do, and we have experience doing it.
No one appreciates that a writer that gets his scientific article proofread by professionals, but everybody condemns a writer whose article is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. Our proofreaders will ensure you do not get the condemnation that comes with an article filled with errors.
- Stress-Free: Proofreading your article after you have written, it can be very stressful because it takes a great deal of concentration to identify and correct errors. This is where the proofreaders here at Scientific Editing come into play. We will not only take the stress away from doing the proofreading yourself, but we will also do an excellent job because we are not only qualified to do it; we also love what we do.
- Perfectionist: Proofreaders at Scientific Editing are perfectionists that fuss over every detail. We also have different proofreaders in different fields, which makes it easy for them not only to catch wrong phrasing of sentences, missing information, and inconsistencies in the article.
- Comments: Our proofreaders also offer comments to explain their corrections and might even suggest further changes that will render the article more useful. These comments, however, can help improve your writings.
- Quality: We offer the highest quality services for scientific article proofreading with our army of extraordinarily dedicated and qualified professionals. Our proofreaders are native English language speakers who have earned postgraduate degrees in various scientific fields.
- Professional appearance: Our proofreaders will not only catch your mistakes; they will also give your scientific articles a professional look.
- Time-saving: Because our proofreaders are professionals, they are very effective at it. This means that it will take them less time than it will take you to finish the same amount of work. Using our scientific article proofreading will you save time on proofreading and, at the same time, allows you the opportunity to get other jobs done.
- Sense of urgency: It is the primary duty of our proofreaders to proofread your article. Hence, they will get it done quickly and competently compared to when you give it to a friend or family member that might be too busy to get the scientific article proofreading done or might not care enough to get it done right.
The Benefit of Using Our service for Proofreading Articles
When a scientific article is filled with grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors, readers, especially in the scientific world, will find it challenging to take the writer seriously. This is a significant problem, especially when the writer requires the article to be published in a journal. Using our service for scientific article proofreading will save you from the disappointment of having your article rejected by science journals due to grammatical or any other type of errors.
Depending on the grammar checkers and spellcheckers, a word processor will more often than not do a bang-up job in correcting spelling, especially when the word you intend to use is not spelled correctly, but you ended up spelling an entirely different word; spellcheckers will not be able to figure that out. Having your proofreading done by our proofreader will ensure that such a mistake that would be overlooked by grammar checkers and spellcheckers is rooted out and corrected.
Writers make the mistake of misusing some words when they write their scientific article, and this might be because they are not deeply rooted in the English language. However, our proofreaders are sound and fluent in the English language, and this will help them during scientific article proofreading to identify the wrong choice of words and replace them with the right ones, thereby communicating the message or idea in the article clearly and understandably.
Proofreading by Scientific Editing proofreaders will also ensure that the sources cited in the scientific article are not just accurate, but are also legitimate. Our proofreaders verify the credibility of the information in the article. They also check to make sure that the citations in the article are consistent and conforming with the required citation format.Also, scientific article proofreading by our proofreader will ensure that your scientific articles stand the chance of being accepted for publishing by various scientific journals. This is because our proofreader will ensure that the article conforms to the requirement of the specified scientific journal.
As well as ensuring conciseness and clarity, having your scientific article proofread by us will save time and effort on the writer’s part.
Our proofreader will offer an objective insight into the article, check on word usage by identity, and amend words or phrases that regular spellcheckers will not catch. That’s not all. We also check for the wrong spellings and correct words that are often used in place of one another because they are homophones, check for capitalization, grammar, and punctuation. Our proofreader will also ensure that the article does not contain any repetitions clichés.
Overall, using our service for scientific article proofreading will ensure that your article is entirely error-free. Plus, we also ensure that the idea in your article is communicated in the best way possible using the best language for ultimate understanding.
What Makes Scientific Editing Uniquely Qualified for Scientific Article Proofreading?
Scientific Editing has a bank of proofreaders that covers a wide range of scientific field and with expertise with each field. Scientific Editing carefully selects proofreaders that are not only qualified but are the best in the business.
Our proofreaders are all native English speakers with a minimum of a master’s degree in their respective fields with extensive experience.
At Scientific Editing, your proofreading is done using the track changes function in Microsoft Word. This is a standard function on Microsoft word that allows one to move easily between changes and gives the writer the chance to see the changes effected and choose to either accept or decline the proposed modifications. The comments and changes are always displayed in the right margin and are very easy to accept or discard.
Proofreaders at Scientific Editing are fully approved and trusted that demonstrate in their work their qualifications and experience. They have all been sworn to secrecy, so all information provided to Scientific Editing is thereby held in privacy, and absolute confidence that we are equipped with all the latest security measures and encryption to prevent leaks.
Many of our proofreaders are certified in editing and proofreading. So, you’re sure to get the best from us.
What Comes with Scientific Article Proofreading?
Getting your scientific article from the manuscript stage to the publication stage is not a simple process. It just does not require only groundbreaking ideas or discovering. Still, the ideas must also be communicated in the proper language as clearly and concisely as possible with the exclusion of all forms of errors. Therefore proofreading is an essential aspect of getting your scientific articles published.
Scientific Editing, when it comes to proofreading articles, hopes to ensure that all the scientific articles they proofread exhibit perfection when it comes to getting rid of grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and other forms of error. We are, however, the best option for scientific article proofreading if you wish to achieve perfection.